Trabajar como economista (agribusiness) para la FAO en Roma
La FAO, Organización de las Naciones Unidas para la Agricultura y la Alimentación, ubicada en Roma (Italia), busca a una persona encargada de la Gestión de Proyectos, Administración y Finanzas.
The Investment Centre Division (TCI) is a large, multidisciplinary division composed of three regionally focused teams, a Global Environmental Facility (GEF) Support Unit and a Capacity Development Unit.
The development of FAO’s five Strategic Objectives and the recent reform of the Technical Cooperation Department of which TCI is a constituting unit, have provided a renewed focus to TCI towards investment support for agriculture, rural development, food security, nutrition and resilience, expanded capacity development initiatives, sourcing and integration of FAO’s country knowledge and normative products in investment preparation, as well as increasing opportunities for partnerships.
In close collaboration with FAO decentralized offices, TCI directly assists governments and international financing institutions (IFIs) with the strategic planning and implementation of their investments in agriculture and rural development, and food and nutrition security (ARDFS), aiming to ensure a stronger food and nutrition security focus. Under the overall supervision of the Director, TCI, and the supervision of the Chief, Europe, Near East, North Africa, Central and South Asia Service, TCIN, the incumbent will contribute to agribusiness-related assignments undertaken mainly under the FAO/EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development) cooperation, primarily in the southern and eastern Mediterranean (SEMED) region.
- Perform the analysis of selected agricultural sectors/food chains, including food security and food safety issues and assess the feasibility of agribusiness investment projects.
- Analyse the constraints and opportunities related to agribusiness investment options with emphasis on the functionality of markets, support services, trade policies, market institutions and organizations, risk management systems and private sector engagement.
- Identify and analyse agribusiness investment-related policy issues.
- Organise and facilitate discussions on agribusiness investment-related policy issues involving representatives of the private and public sector, with a view to reach consensus on improved policies.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to agribusiness investment projects in the field of marketing.
- Support the development and implementation of capacity development activities in favour of private and public stakeholders in the areas of agribusiness, marketing and food chain development.
- Assist in defining the scope of new assignments under the FAO/EBRD cooperation or similar partnership with other IFIs.
- Assist in organizing field missions and ensure the quality of outputs; perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in economics, agricultural economics, agribusiness or a closely related field.
- Seven years of relevant experience in the design or implementation of agribusiness investment operations or technical.
- Assistance projects, including the elaboration of agribusiness investment feasibility studies/food chain analyses/agricultural.
- Market studies.
- Working knowledge of English and French.
Si te interesa esta oportunidad inscríbete en el siguiente enlace. ¡Tienes tiempo hasta el 8 de enero de 2013!